View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 02:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Hi Christine

If anything, she seems very angry with them for diagnosing this... I call that a healthy sign! Though I do suspect you're right and its at least partly a cover for fear: as I say, she watched her mother die from it. Nor will she have forgotten what "help" from the "professionals" did to me...

Thank you very much for that URL. Its not coming up at the moment, but I'll give it another try later... and then I might even understand that sentence!

She's not on any meds at the moment, no. They've put her on the special diet to make sure she needs them by the time they test her again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi max
what is her daily sugar readings. (and later you say...) a bg of 10,i,d have 2 panic attacks and a stroke!

Er... I'm not sure if sugar readings and bgs are the same? I do know she tested herself before lunch yesterday and got a reading of 2. She tested herself right after and got a reading of 10. I also know, before the doctors intervened she was no more diabetic than I was before Atkins... enough to get a bit grumpy/tired/shakey if she hasn't eaten for a while, but nothing you can't handle. But if that's how quickly the wrong diet could knock her for six, then here's hoping the right one has just as swift an effect.

Your Dr Berstein suggestion will be a fantastic help... thank you! I can't get her to read a thing at the moment. Not because she doesn't want to know; because an earlier brush with (surprise, surprise) Weightwatchers has left her sick to death of hearing about diets! But I know she'll follow whatever I say to the letter, so I'll order that today and get reading!

I really can't thank you enough for all that advice... its not often I feel out of my depth dealing with health issues, but this one threw me. You've done wonders to help ease my mind.