View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 11:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Hi Christine

I'm hoping this is one of those times when a problem pops in to your head about the same time as someone who could help with it appears...

I just got off the phone from my mother, who was recently diagnosed diabetic and is sounding more miserable (and, frankly, more diabetic) by the second following the doctor's high carb diet. She's readily agreed to switch to the Atkins diet, but I could use all the help I can get in making sure I give her the best recommendations possible.

I know there's a diabetic forum, which I've been reading as best I can with all the jargon and US terms! But seeing you make that comment about your blood sugar levels (I'm guessing that's roughly what bgs are?) after alcohol makes me wonder if you could a) elaborate on that or b) offer any other advice which might help her? I just can't bear to see her having the life slowly sucked out of her... especially knowing diabetes killed her mother.

Not wishing to put you to major effort though, so do please say if I'm asking too much.