#63   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-11, 03:11

Plan: mindful/ketogenic-Paleo
Stats: 165/111.8/110 Female 164cm
BF:38%/21%/18%
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastnary
Thanks for this thread. Have been stalled 3 months, but at least not gaining. I guess I just like to eat! from this discussion, it looks like too much protein may be the culprit. Have never done percentages. Eat 20-30 carbs per day, but not budging weight-wise. Very near goal, so this has been irritating. Just keep focusing on "lo-carb is healthy," and i do definitely feel better. Anyway, this discussion has been very helpful!

Hi Eastnary. In your case I would check calories first. If you've maintained for a while without cutting back on food it's a good chance you're eating well, to maintain. Low carb is a brilliant way of eating for life. It keeps our blood sugar steady and we don't experience horrible hunger/appetite surges. It sounds like you're doing that perfectly. But to lose weight, you need to check that your calories are lower than usual. A stall is only a stall if you're cutting back calories and still not losing.

Then you can try lowering your carbs a little more, and then checking that you're not eating too much protein (which is the stage of this thread's discussion). Lastly, add a little more movement to your days (just more housework, a couple of walks, simple gentle non-exercise type stuff).

The other tip, once you've checked your cals, is to check measurements and bodyfat%. Your body at this stage could be changing, losing fat, but not necessarily losing weight.

Good luck!