View Single Post
  #133   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-15, 22:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/207/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I have been an off again on again dieter on many diets, and many times on Atkins. I never really stuck it out. But I also didn't realize how much carbs/sugar has had a hold on me....I'm 58 and as I've gotten older, I've gained 7 lbs per year for the last 8 years. Didn't seem to be that jolting at first, but now, its too much. I fear that if I don't get my weight down as I approach my 60s there will be hell to pay for it in my health. I already have back pain - sciatica - mostly I think from my extra weight. I also know I'm an addict to sugar. My first 10 days on my renewed Low Carb WOL (now) was miserable. I really struggled with the cravings. Which I don't recall happening to me before on lo carb. However, this time, I had withdrawal...and I was crabby, tired and not satisfied with the food I could eat on this diet. However I stuck it out, and I think I've finally come out of the doldrums. Today, I felt really good...and I had lost 2 lbs over the last 4 days. I'm a slow loser, so I was still glad to see that. I won't be weighing myself everyday, as I'm not wanting to obsess over the weight as much as I'm shocked as to how my body reacted to the no sugar, bread, potatoes, honey, etc...it was like I could have easily lost control and jumped off the diet just to eat a cookie! Freaky to me! Further proof of the horrible hold sugar has on us a culture. I wish everyone the best of luck...this is a journey that I'm hoping will be enlightening and life saving!