View Single Post
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-17, 12:42

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!

Wow, thanks for all the caring and advice!

Heart rate back up today to mid 50's. Feeling better. Jaz, I have one of those pulse thingies that go on your finger. I check it three times a day.

I feel like I am a strong advocate. I have done a ton of research. My EP has given me all the options and he says it is my decision. He did tell me what he would do if it was him. He said he would try the meds first. He is so excited about me even trying to lose weight. He says he usually can't even broach the subject with most people. He understands how hard it is for people that are overweight, but he so wants them to know how losing weight can help A-Fib.

It would not help me to go to the Cardiologist. I know the plan. He would just decrease the Diltiazem. I may go ahead with the plan if the heart rate drops again. The Cardiologist (actually the floater because mine is on vacation) will call in a prescription for a lower dose med if I need it. I am just hesitant to do anything differently because I love being out of A-Fib!

Blue, the ablation does not have a high percentage rate of working for me, especially the first time. I am now PERSISTENT A-Fib. The Ablation works better for Paroxysmal A-Fib. That means you go into A-Fib, but then the heart corrects itself. Mine used to do that. Then all of a sudden, it would not. Thus the five Cardioversions! But if the first Ablation does not work, they can do another one and then the percentages of it working increase.

Onward to losing weight and getting my 10x5 and also drinking a ton of water!

K-Mom 10x4
Sorry this is all about me.