View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 20:05

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Really beautiful job of making a metaphor of our new thread with all the change that in one way or the other, seems around us all right now. I say, let the changes take their course, but let one steady thing be our friendships here, and our endless hope and support for ALL of us to be at the best weight we can, in the way that works for us.

Lori---UGH, bra shopping. Worse to me than shopping for jeans, and that's saying something. GLAD you had success.

I am sorry, but it looks like your trip to Key West may indeed not be well timed. It's such a fantastic place when it's up and running. We took our honeymoon there and it was just the BEST. But I have a feeling it won't be for a time to come. Hope I'm wrong.

Hubby and I once spent the most glorious 12 days in St. Martin. It was so beautiful and everyone seemed to get along just fine there for the most part. Very little visible poverty. Have been watching the pix of it now on the news, and it makes me heartsick. Like New Orleans after Katrina, I fear it will be a long clean up. Which is doubly terrible because both these places so depend on tourism money. BIG SIGH.

Trigger---Yeah, wowza, that's a big amount of cash to hand over. But if you can do that and not suffer interest payments along with it, it's deffo the way to go. So the way I see it, this one if for the hubby. It's his dream, and every one is entitled to chasing their dream. NEXT ONE goes to you. It's only fair, right?

K-mom---Yeah, bummer about the TJ bread. But for me, I don't think it is what has kept me from losing, even if I was eating a few more carbs than I thought for a couple of months---not enough of them to outdo my other efforts. Fact is, we both eat a VLC woe---and yes this IS a term, VLC means under 50 a day.SO much lower than 98% of everyone else. Weight Watchers considers coming in at 150 carbs a day a good thing. SAD---standard American diet---averages 300 carbs a day. AVERAGES! I know in my pre LC days I was often eating more than that.

But, carb sensitivity is different for everyone. And therefore, no more TJ's LC bread may be a big plus for you. I could go days w/out it, and then I'd get in a groove where I wanted a sandwich for lunch or dinner, never both. If I double the carbs for all the times I did this, I still end up mostly at 30NCs or under, rather than my preferred 20 NCs.

I DO support you in weighing and measuring everything for awhile. This gives you the FACTS Ma'm. You won't have to do it forever, soon you just get a feel for it, and if it's off a carb or two, meh. Not going to make a difference.

Friday water: MUCH better. 5/3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, another day I thought would be mostly free, but sure wasn't. Man the e-mails were flying! Every time I though I had it covered for the day, I got a new e-mail that laughed at me for thinking so.

Finally, about 4pm, it all quieted down, and I shut my office down and went off to meed my BFF forever at that loverly old club she belongs to that I have mentioned before.

Holy moly, their happy hour apps are always amazing, and free, but tonight they included fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarellas slices AND pork chili w/sour cream and grated cheese. Other carby stuff too, but I just walked away Renee. I had a small bowl of the chili and some tomatoes and mozzarella. Haven't been eating that much lately, and that really filled me up.

PLUS, we only had to pay for our drinks, so we were cheap dates for each other and had a great chat. She's worried about work too, so we're both all about slicing dimes. Nice to have company in my new hobby.

Home now and cozy. So happy to have a weekend in front of me.