#21   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 08:20

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc4life217
...I am no longer on a low-carb diet. Yet this offers an interesting scenario for me because IF I can lose weight while being "off-Atkins", and also maintain my weight, it certainly does represent an ideal situation for people like myself who enjoy all kinds of foods. Exercise is going to be the main "tool" to combat obesity. That and a conscientious and deliberate effort to control my calories through dieting

I don't know if you'll come back and see this, but I had to chime in. I've been a member of this forum for almost 13 years. I've always struggled with staying low carb for more than a few of weeks at a time and my weight was constantly up and down. I feel awesome the first few days and by the second week my acid reflux is terrible and my blood pressure goes up. I know that's the opposite of everyone else, but there it is. I also, like you, prefer other foods to low carb foods. Given a choice between steak and risotto, I'll go for the risotto every time.

Anyway, about four or five months ago I discovered the books "Mini Habits" and "Mini Habits for Weight Loss" by Stephen Guise. Changed my world. I'm feeling really good, eating the foods I like, and my weight is finally dropping slowly but surely. I'm now at the lowest weight I've been since 1999!

I still hang around here because my husband is now doing low carb so it helps to keep current and get meal ideas. And frankly, I'm also obsessed with dieting and nutrition, lol.

Just thought I'd mention those books in case they might be of some help. Best of luck to you.