View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 17:11

Plan: Atkins / IF
Stats: 258/232.7/200 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Eight years? I sincerely hope that you break your stall soon!! I'm leery of giving anyone specific weight loss / health advice on the internet, but I hope you really have some kind of a positive breakthrough!

Because of hurricane irma, I had to break my diet and have been off-Atkins for about two weeks. Sadly, I promptly gained about eight pounds but through a lot of effort, as of today, I've managed to recoup 4 of those pounds so I'm "only" up four pounds.

My current situation is, I really can't follow Atkins but I am trying to still diet and exercise.

Nevertheless, what I have learned has been interesting. For me, the main benefit of the Atkins diet seems to be that it curbs one's appetite. I didn't feel hungry while on Atkins and often, I had to "remember" and force myself to eat.

During these past two weeks of being "off-Atkins", I find myself battling hunger. I've been eating about 1400 calories but still feel hungry, especially in the night time hours. It's amazing how the calories add up when you add carbs into the mix.

Well, because of circumstances beyond my control, I'll have to continue this "off-Atkins" diet and exercise regiment and see how successful I can be. I probably shouldn't post in this section( or even on this website any longer ) because technically, I am no longer on a low-carb diet. Yet this offers an interesting scenario for me because IF I can lose weight while being "off-Atkins", and also maintain my weight, it certainly does represent an ideal situation for people like myself who enjoy all kinds of foods. Exercise is going to be the main "tool" to combat obesity. That and a conscientious and deliberate effort to control my calories through dieting.

Good luck everyone. And I sincerely hope "Merpig" can break her 8 year long stall. Please, that's way too long! I'd offer suggestions but that probably would not be wise. I hope you break your stall.