#10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-16, 05:01

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
Many of us maintainers use the other threads to work on improving health by tweaking what, how and when we eat, and getting ideas for recipes, etc. This needs to be a way of life, you're never "done", so maintaining the status quo of one number is not our goal. The only active thread on here seems to be recording of weight, a result we do not have 100% daily control of as the daily fluctuations can be larger than our goal. I choose to work on what I do - what I put in my mouth, how much I move, reading new research, etc..

I don't find maintaining to be very difficult. I do what Deirdre does, pay attention to what I put in my mouth. For me that has become almost second nature.. The biggest changes for me this past year are intermittent fasting and a walking program. I now eat 2 meals a day, fast 16 hours a day and walk 10,000+ steps a day. I let my weight do what it is going to do, not stepping on the scale every day. If I saw my weight starting to go up consistently (not normal fluctuations) I would adjust my eating n some way, but beyond that I try to relax about all of this, tweak here and there if it seems to make sense, and not obsess.

Jean