Old Fri, Dec-04-15, 07:20
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by esw
I do look better and more shapely, have a couple of outfits that may just give me a bit of that feeling. Just have to be brave enough to wear them!!
Like so many things in life, it's all between the ears. I can drag myself down, just as easily as pumping myself up. My DH is a great person, but he is not demonstrative. I have to ask him every once in a while if he still likes me, just to make sure. At my age, I get no feedback about how others perceive me so I have to manufacture my bravery all by myself. I guess I've got practice. But family can get to us quicker than anything else. The choice for me was to grow a thicker skin. Some people choose not to do that and I understand why, but it was necessary for me to take away their power over me.

I've been known to say out loud, "What you think of me is none of my business." To which I usually only get blank looks because they can't figure out what that means.
Do all that you can to convince yourself of your right to control what goes into your mouth. They can't take away your thoughts and dreams. Those belong to you.