View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-12, 17:49

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%
Default Plan for New Years Eve and New Years Day

I am going to work in a couple of new recipes (I have many stacked up waiting for me to try and then keep or toss) and thought I'd share them here, in case anyone needs something new and yummy to help stay on plan.

Cumber Feta Rolls - www.goodlifeeats.com
2 cucumbers
6 ounces crumbled feta
3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 tablespoons finely diced sundried tomatoes or red bell pepper
8 - 12 pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon roughly chopped dill or oregano
2 teaspoons lemon juice
pinch of pepper, or to taste

Directions:

Thinly slice the cucumbers longways on a mandoline at a 2mm thick setting. Alternatively, you can use a vegetable peeler if you do not have a mandoline. Lay the cucumbers on top of a paper towel lined cutting board while you prepare the filling.

Add the feta and yogurt to a medium bowl. Mash to combine using a fork. Add the bell pepper or sun dried tomatoes, olives, dill, lemon, and pepper to the bowl. Stir well to combine. In a bowl, mash the feta using a fork.

Place 1 - 2 teaspoons of mixture at one end of a cucumber strip and roll up. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining strips. If not serving immediately, chill until ready to serve.

adapted from Taste.com.au

Wanted to post recipe as is however, I will not be using yogurt, but mixing the feta with sour cream, and I will use smoked red bell pepper instead of sundried tomato. I am also adding tunafish

Gluten Free, Grain Free Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower Bread Sticks
Adapted from Eat. Drink. Smile.

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp garlic salt
olive oil

For Topping:
2 tablespoons softened salted butter
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
*Optional Marinara sauce for dipping

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Chop the cauliflower florets into chunks and steam them in a steamer or on the stove until slightly soft for 15 minutes. Place in a ricer or grate.

One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Bread:
Prepare your baking stone or sheet by spreading a small amount of olive oil on it and top with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg, Parmesan and Mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir.
Transfer to the baking stone or sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a large rectangle.

Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven.

Mix 2 TBSP butter and garlic in a small bowl and.spread the butter and garlic mixture over baked cauliflower bread and top with Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.

Place back in the 450 degree oven until all cheese is melted.
Slice and Serve! from whatsfordinner-momwhatsfordinner blog

I will not be serving marinara sauce with this

New Years Eve - having the cheesy cauliflower bread sticks, and my recipe for sausage balls. RM will be grilled lobster and steak.

New Years Day: RM: smoking a tri-tip, having that with zucchini noodles, salad, and something carby for dessert.

During the day, snacks will be the cucumber rollups, and stuffed bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers for dh (anaheim peppers for mine), fresh herb dip with raw veggies, and maybe bacon wrapped shrimp.

Got a wee bit closer to starting my ddp yoga today - had hubby help me get the cardiac monitor set up to work (has a watch/chest strap to wear), and found where to put up the poster showing the 12 moves (think I only can't do two, due to my knees). Now..to actually put the dvds into the player..lol.

Have a wonderful end to 2012 and wonderful start to 2013! I look forward to what 2013 will bring for me as I get back to losing.