#32   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-11, 05:32

Plan: Radiant Recovery
Stats: 143/143/119 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default RR newbie

Hi --

I came upon the Potatoes Not Prozac book this past December after googling "Sugar Addiction" because I finally had to admit to myself that I was one. I read (skimmed) the book and even though the science seemed somewhat dubious I am trying to take from the process what works for me. I am now on Step One/Step Two. But have questions which, when I posted to the Radiant Recovery Yahoo group, were ignored.
How important is it to eat within one hour of arising? I like to get up and go running but can't do that on a full stomach. Also why are they so insistent on going slow? I have always eaten a high protein breakfast and yet the moderator chastised me for going from Step Two after only being on Step One two weeks even after I explained I've always practiced Step One.
I've been getting the Step One and Step Two listserv digests for a few days and something about the responses from the moderators made me think the word "cult" and having googled "Cult" and "Radiant Recovery" I am upon this site, which I have now joined.
Interested in others' feedback and experiences and success or lack thereof.

Maria
PS If you look at the various Desmaisons reader reviews on Amazon I think they have infiltrated that, too