View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 01:52

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm getting a tummy tuck in just under 2 weeks, and have been writing about it on and off in my journal for the last couple of months.

For reference, I lost 120lb in under 2 years, and have kept it off for another 18 months since then. I have bits of looseness here and there that don't really bother me that much, but the exception is the lower belly roll which visibly overhangs the belt line. It's this practical inability to wear a properly fitted shirt, plus the fact that it hasn't resolved itself of its own accord since I reached my weight loss goal, that led me to make an enquiry, and eventually a booking.

If the surgeon had decided that it wasn't worth the trouble for me, or if I had a family to support, or if I couldn't afford it for any other reason, then I'd have been fine with that. But the surgeon told me he's removed less from others, I'm single with no dependents, and I can afford it. I'm also (just barely) under 40, so I could live with the benefits of this for a good while to come.

It's perhaps a different scenario from that of the original poster, but this has been my experience (or is about to be, heh).