View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 13:41

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 156/120/125 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 116%

I would like to join this workshop, if I may. I've been debating which one of the many habits I want to commit to, and have chosen "I MUST learn to eat slower!"

This is something I have a lifetime of bad habit to undo - I wolf down my food and always have. I have been actively trying to improve since going LC, but failing. I feel it is important not only to enjoy my food more and to stay even with my slow eating husband, but also for allowing my body to recognize when it is satiated - I think I often overeat beyond what I really need.

I've tried to slow down by using chopsticks when practical, not eating in front of the tv anymore, having more of a dining ritual at the table, playing quiet music, being more mindful while eating, chewing each bite more and sipping on drinks in between bites.

For this challenge, I am going to put my utensil down in between every bite, and not pick it up again until I've chewed thoroughly and swallowed the whole mouthful.

I started today - I only eat lunch and dinner. Usually salad for lunch. It is unbelievably hard for me! I was constanly picking the fork up while I still had food in my mouth, and forcing myself to put it back down. Despit trying very hard to be mindful, I still managed to shovel more food in before I swallowed, once, during the meal. It just happened, and I thought, CRAP! and almost spit it back out but decided perhaps thats where I should draw the line
So, I guess I will be starting over, already. Tomorrow - Day 1

Thanks for the challenge and the support!