View Single Post
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Jun-26-09, 18:06

Plan: Mostly carnivory
Stats: 145/145/145 Male 5'11'' (feet and inches)
BF:
Progress: -20%

With Michael Jackson's recent death due to cardiac arrest (to date... realizing that there could be other causes involved), I suspect he was at least moderately if not significantly vitamin D deficient. He always avoided the sun like the plague (with umbrellas, etc.), yet I don't know whether he was up with the times and supplemented at all. I wonder if his vitiligo and lupus had anything to do with D deficiency. He was the last born (I think), which doesn't surprise me being complicated with those issues and what we know of failing/depleted parental nutrition as offspring are continually produced.

Does anyone else notice stronger emotional responses while being D replete? I know D at least has a impact on tyrosine hydroxylase ("Animal data indicates that tyrosine hydroxylase , the rate-limiting enzyme for all the brain's monoamines, is increased by vitamin D"). I feel strong feelings of being alone and a much higher desire to socialize and be with others and actively look for a significant other. I seem to get a little more anxious throughout the day and long for closeness to others and seek out companionship constantly. Being alone is not as attractive as it once was (I used to have much more of a loner mindset).

It feels like this has something to do with the whole sex and pregnancies soar in the spring and summer... Like the D is exercising the genome and influencing me to carry out instinctual human behavior that favors species survival.