View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 12:48

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
If you control what goes in your mouth you control your weight, or weight loss.

True. But being told the wrong things to put in my mouth for weight loss sure made things a lot harder. Years back before low carb I did succeed in losing a substantial amount on the then recommended low fat semi-starvation type of diet through sheer force of will against constant hunger but quickly regained all plus interest the moment I ate a normal reasonable amount of food again. I still struggle to lose and avoid regaining even on low carb but it is a lot easier with more success and far less hunger. Exercise for me did nothing I could detect either way. I have always worked out quite a bit even while obese with no slimming effect. Also once had to take many weeks off due to injury during a time I was making no effort to lose or control my weight. I made no conscious effort whatsoever to deliberately change my energy/calorie intake and just ate based on appetite/hunger same as before and then later after recovering from the injury with return to fitness activities again. Weight remained absolutely stable throughout the entire experience. I did notice my body automatically adjust for the missing work outs by making me feel less hungry and genuinely not want as much food until I started burning more calories again and automatically went back to eating more. I was surprised by how my body handled things so precisely without any conscious effort on my part to maintain its desired homeostasis because before this experience I would have predicted I'd gain a bunch of weight while recovering, unable to move much. Body is pretty smart.