View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-16, 12:26

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

With the ACA in force in the United States, I'm very suspicious of those who purport to know nutrition, particularly those who assemble the mythology of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The intersection of that activity and the ACA Standards of Care is becoming a reality. When one who has a series of symptoms that make him or her a candidate for statins based on today's criteria and refuses the medication, I'm suspicious of the notes in the patient's file that could undermine the ability to continue to qualify for insurance. When one who is a diabetic decides to go low carb, high fat to eliminate symptoms and does not follow a SAD like MyPlate at the recommendation of his or her medical professionals, I'm suspicious for the same reason. What it appears to be coming to is that I'm reluctant to volunteer anything to my doctor, as I don't want additional notes in my online file, which everyone has now. After reviewing my file in the past year, I read about things from years ago that I no longer have, but those things been dutifully recorded in my record. It's as if I have a health history longer than my arm, and nowhere does it note that conditions or symptoms have resolved. Wow! Therefore, I will not volunteer any information to the medical professionals in my life. They are now there for emergency situations, only. As for wellness and preventive medicine, I've made the decision that I'm better off on my own.