#11   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-13, 04:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagehill
There's the other issue... if 600,000 Americans die every year from cancer, that's 600,000 MORE people around in addition to all the babies born every year, 600,000 more people who will live a much longer life and become useless old people, every year, a potential drain on society. Think we're crowded now??

Looking at things from the US government angle as well as business angle, NOT curing cancer, especially with something so simple as diet, could well be considered a form of population control... it's much better to rape all these people of their finances as long as possibly via very expensive cancer "treatments" and consultations that don't give them much longer than they'd live without them, before letting them die a relatively early death and thus get them out of the way. A form of eugenics in action, so to speak.

I'm just too cynical. It's hard working in the medical industry, where one really sees what's going on. heh
LOL, I work in the medical industry too - well the NHS in the UK and I too am cynical and dont disagree with you. Its just I do like to look at the other side of the argument, I also see so many sad cases and so many people taking on sponsors to raise money for things like cancer research, its hard to understand how this can carry on and why people seem so blinded by it. I personally find the whole cancer research thing horrendous. From what I can see, they've done nothing with the huge amounts of money they've been given in the last 50 years!!!! But you cant say that. Imagine the outcry if I wrote on my facebook page that I disapprove of Cancer research!!!!!

Jo xxx