View Single Post
  #1765   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-18, 04:38
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Ken and Mvie, that's my experience with wheat, too. Before the arthritis in my back, it was in my fingers. Same experience as you when I accidentally gluten myself. The arthritis comes back, plus embarrassing gut issues. Let's just say you don't want to be around me. I also noticed diminished depression and mood swings after going GF. In fact, it was going back through an online journal and noticing serious meltdowns that coincided with indulging in pizza and beer.

I'm not convinced that a lot of us like this don't have celiac disease. The diagnostic criteria for it are pretty silly to me: basically, if your gut isn't destroyed yet, you don't have it. You also can't test positive on the blood test if you're already eating GF. So how are we supposed to really know? I certainly don't want to go for the testing, since it involves eating wheat again for a minimum of 4 weeks, then the blood test, then a biopsy if positive.

/rant

Anyhoo.

Day 21

1. Activity: done
2. Weigh-in: done
3. Supps: done
4. Food: on plan during the day, pass used at dinner. X

DH wanted pizza. The pizza place's GF crust is really good, though not LC. It's flax seed based but with rice flour, too. This is the kind of thing I intended on using the passes for, so no more impulsive junk at work that doesn't even really taste good.