View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-17, 04:49

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

"He told the BBC: "It boils down to do not try this at home, this is so much more sophisticated than people realise.". ...yeah, it needs the meal replacement food Dr Longo's company sells. (edit add: I can buy my own olives and tea. http://l-nutra.com/prolon/)

I've been following his studies for years from the cancer angle, but now that we see all the success stories with Dr Fung's simpler "don't eat", it is hard to take his complicated and expensive instructions seriously.

This week's Fasting Talk guest: Lost 100 pounds in four months.

"Mark is a 41-year old 6’2″ man that came to Intensive Dietary Management (IDM) as a long distance patient in October 2016. After reaching a weight of over 470 pounds and dealing with joint pain, heel spurs, sleep apnea and full blown diabetes requiring multiple injections daily. Mark was slowly dying, and he knew he needed help.

Mark’s mother sent him a copy of Dr. Jason Fung’s book The Obesity Code in September 2016 and warned him that it might be considered controversial. But after reading it, he felt the message was exactly what he had been missing. In the short four month span since starting fasting and eating keto, Mark has lost 100 pounds! More than the weight loss, he has been able to remove the diabetes and other medications from his life and he sincerely believes fasting saved his life. His health markers are continually improving and he now enjoys more energy, mental clarity and better sleep."

Four months...off all diabetes meds! I'd guess he's done some pancreas regeneration