View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-24, 02:13

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

In Victorian times, the poor would stack food near bonfires or pay for a shop to cook their casserole. But a lot of people share kitchens and now we have five people trying to cook for themselves? Let's face it, most people don't have the TIME. And why is that?

It's our recent work structure -- all the game playing with corporations deciding the best way to look good to Wall Street is shed some workers every quarter. Long commutes and high prices for anything with a kitchen because investment trusts have bought up all the housing. Plus, children. The younger they are the more they add inefficency, to anything a person tries to do.

My energy still goes up and down unpredictably and I get shaky if I push it. So planning isn't even in the planning. But I can grab a rotisserie chicken and a bag of coleslaw shreds. I get Primal Kitchen salad dressings because they make it with avocado oil. There is nothing wrong with any of that even though some professional confuser will claim it's "processed."

In the book, Ultra-Processed People, the author describes his preschool child eating sugary cereal. With his new focus it's like he saw breakfast for the first time. She was driven to another bowl, and it wasn't even like she truly enjoyed the first one.

It took years of dedicated eating for me to reach this point: where McD's tastes like dirt and commercial mayo tastes harsh from seed oil. And I've been putting in years learning quick and easy dishes.

To me, the best solution is a big cafeteria where all the food is prepared from scratch. It's the cheap shortcuts that kill us, we have to devote effort to it rather than expecting workers to dumpster dive on their own time.

Heck, the Automat did it. No reason we can't!