Old Fri, Apr-15-11, 11:39
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%
Default 4 ingredient LC chocolate cake

http://lowcarbmadeeasy.com/2011/04/...chocolate-cake/

I haven’t done much new lc baking lately. I’ve been a little burned out. Last night, I wanted to make something, so I thought I would try my hand at a flourless cake. This turned out AWESOME and was SO simple. SO simple.

Flourless Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:

•6 large eggs, room temperature
•12 ounces dark chocolate (I used Safeway 78% dark – 12 net cabrs per 3.5 ounce bar)
•1.5 cups sweetener (I used Ideal)
•1.5 sticks butter
Preparation:

I’m serious. This is really easy. Preheat your oven to 325, and grease and dust a 9″ springform pan with cocoa powder.

In a bowl or stand mixer, add your room temp eggs and sweetener. Beat on high for 8 minutes or so, or until super fluffy and thick and pale yellow in color.

While the eggs are doing their thing, melt your chocolate and butter in the microwave. Start with it going for a minute, stir, and melt in 30 second intervals until just melted. Mix, and set aside and wait for your eggs.

When your eggs are done, pour in your chocolate mixture. FOLD them together until dark brown in color. This will take a few minutes since the eggs are so fluffy. Once combined, pour into your springform pan, and bake for about 60 minutes or until a cake tester/toothpick comes out clean (or fudgy, but not wet). The original recipe I had for this said to bake for 90 minutes, but mine was done MUCH faster – I checked at an hour and it was completely done. Depending on your oven, it may take more or less time, so you may want to check your cake at 45 minutes just to be safe.

Cool, and place into the fridge. Top with whipped cream and berries!

Nutritional Info (8 servings - you might want to make it 10-12. It's RICH)

•7.4g carbs
•7.9g protein
•35.9g fat
•367 calories
Sponsored Links