View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 10:30

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

About 6 months ago, persuaded by Dr Jason Fung's blogposts, I lowered protein from 90-120 g per day to 65-80. Pre-Fung I was attemting to eat 30 grams of protein per meal, which protein expect Donald Layman feels is optimum for everyone. I'd heard Layman speak on Jimmy Moore's Ask the Low Carb Experts and despite JM's obvious sketicism, I was persuaded. (As a postmenopausal woman I do NOT want to lose lean mass).

Between JM's Keto book and Dr Fung's videos and blogposts, I was finally persuaded to go lower. While it is not a big caloric difference (40-150 cal per day), i found my hunger patterns changed. Lowering protein, while keeping fat the same allowed me to go another hour before eating lunch. Limiting protein to 25 g at lunch kept me from getting hungry at 4 pm when i would often have a snack of an ounce (or many ounces) of almonds. I now find it easy to wait till dinner at 6 pm to eat again. Baed on Dr Fung's posts about the insulin index (different from the glycemic index) I'm now allowing insulin to go down further and stay down longer (allowing my body to burn stored fat)by eliminating that 4 pm snack, That is where te additional weight loss comes from, I believe. I can now maintain at a weight Bout 5 lbs lower than this time last year - a huge win for me.