Thread: Over 50
View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 00:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I was beginning to think I was the oldest one on this thread until I got to Pat (thanks Pat). I am 58.

I also find it very difficult to lose weight with my age. I'm in a bit of a carb fest for the past several weeks and can't seem to get my act together.

As for the Prempro and soy--don't do it! My doctor has me on Estrodial and Prometrium because Prempro was found to be dangerous. He says it's not the Premarin, but the progestin that is in it that is harmful. But adding soy is really dangerous. He told me that one soy shake can have as much estrogen in it as one Prempro pill.

If you take the soy in place of HRT, you run the risk of getting endometrial cancer (unless you have had a hysterectomy). My gyno told me that last year he had 5 cases of women with cancer because they thought they were doing the "healthy" thing by using soy instead of HRT because it was natural. He said that soy is dangerous.

I think the reason the Japanese don't have problems with soy is because they eat it in it's natural state--tofu, ect. But the soy isolates are really dangerous.

Anyway, as I said I'm over 50 also.

Carol