#24   ^
Old Fri, Oct-02-15, 12:41

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCM
The question is, when you take a good look at yourself in the mirror do you like how your body looks? If it looks overweight, then you've been eating the wrong things for your body and probably too much of it as well, and that's how you got where you are. If you do nothing, you'll at the very least stay where you are, and more likely, you'll put on more and more weight over time.

Speaking for myself, I'm not sure what my ideal weight is going to be, I only know it's less than I am now. I have a general goal, but I'm always ready to say either it's not enough when I get there, or perhaps I'll look the way I want before that point. The important thing is this: You can spend DECADES not doing anything about excess weight….and many of us on these forums have done exactly that. So my advice is don't do that. Take control of things NOW, change your eating….what you eat and how much you eat. It's only FOOD….don't let it control you. You need to control your food. But if what you stuff into your mouth is more important than your health and how your body looks, then your choice will be to keep dawdling around with this, year after year, decade after decade. You DO have to make a choice, you really can't have both. This took me a long time to learn and accept, and now I wish I hadn't taken so darn long figuring it out.

Losing weight is actually rather simple, but at the same time, it's not exactly easy. What you need to do can be stated simply, but the hard part is in your head. It takes focus, determination, , work, and consistency. No cheating because that puts you in a yo-yo weight loss program. Also you must have patience, because weight loss is NOT and CANNOT be fast, and don't ever get duped into believing it is. Slow and steady wins the game. The fact is, most people don't work on the emotional aspect of weight loss, and they give up too quickly because it's all too hard.

It's good to not put your mind in a place of feeling deprived. It helps me to think "I can eat any darn thing I want, but I CHOOSE to not eat all the sugar/carb things that I know make me gain weight. I CHOOSE this because eating on the Atkins plan makes it the easiest it can possibly be to lose weight. As long as I eat this way, I have very low hunger, I eat less, my cravings go away after a couple of weeks, and this state makes me able to stick with this way of eating. And I'm going to choose this way of eating for now without attaching emotion to it. It's how I eat."

Again speaking for myself, losing weight successfully depends on your mindset. Put yourself in the right mindset and it all becomes much much easier to do.

Brilliant post, CMCM! It's a sound message to any low carber. We ought to make it a sticky somewhere. Thanks for putting your thoughts together for the rest of us.