Old Wed, May-06-15, 11:19
Registered Member

Plan: modified S.B./Semi-Veggie
Stats: 206/153/145 Female 64 "
BF:too much to count
Progress: 87%
Question Atkins to South Beach

Hi all,
I recently decided to switch from Atkins to South Beach, mainly due to extreme fatigue from such a low carb diet. I really liked Atkins, I lost 10 lbs. the first month on it. I saw my doctor before I started the diet and the only concern he had was the carb level being so low and with me having Lupus and possibly triggering a flare up. Anyone with Lupus knows to avoid one at all costs. I also suffer from osteoarthritis in my joints and Raynaud's syndrome. The low carb way of eating helped my joint pain and also helped my R.S. not sure why maybe getting off grains, flour and sugar. I weaned myself slowly off the carbs like my doctor suggested before starting atkins so I only lost 2 lbs. the first week which was ok with me. I stopped losing after the first month and started to experience extreme fatigue, even started to take naps again during the day something I haven't done in ages. My doctor feels I need to up my carbs some and eat healthier fats, he actually suggested South Beach diet. He also suggested I start at phase 2 for a few weeks and then go to phase 1 for 2-4 weeks go then go back to phase 1. He would like me to try to eat 10-15 carbs at each meal and keep my snacks limited to 1 a day and about 7- 10 carbs. Does this sound doable on South Beach or will I regain my weight I lost ? I also do not eat pork or red meat anymore, just hate the taste, I mainly eat chicken,seafood ,eggs and dairy for my proteins. I didn't read anything in the book about this but is there anything that may stop me from doing this plan ? Thanks for reading and offering any suggestions.
Sponsored Links