View Single Post
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 12:53

Plan: SB
Stats: 142/135/120 Female 5:3
BF:
Progress:

It is Friday ladies......what are everyone's plans for the weekend? It is getting colder here in Alberta, Canada - still no complaints though as the winter has been pretty mild for us!

I am spending tomorrow with DS who is an Electrical Engineer and is 24 yrs. old. Just recently Grandma gave him all kind of Indian spices which he does not know how to use. Both my kids love Indian food as they have been eating it since they were babies! So tomorrow, I am teaching my son how to make Daal, Sabji, rice and Makhni Chicken! We are also going to play some cards and hopefully, I can beat him! DH is going ice quadding on the frozen river with his buddies!

So my scale has stayed around 135 for a few days....I hope I don't get carried away tomorrow....weekends are really bad for me!

Sandhya - good job on the 138 lbs.....you are very similar to my weight. As for menopause, I believe I have had all the symptoms some time or the other. I used to be always cold but now I sleep with the window slightly open. Mood swings....ha ha - I think this has been going on all my lilfe - cannot blame it on menopause I started some hormone thereapy about 3 yrs. ago but it did not agree with me - I developed a rash and also gained a lot of weight...def...not acceptable. So I just use some herbs and basically live with it!

As for carbs, I eat at least 2 fruits a day but then again I am not on Induction...I just try to eat good carbs and stay away from rice & rotis (which I love)! So your hubby is pure vegetarian - wow! So do you cook meat on a regular basis?

Anu - I hear you about rotis....my weakness.....good thing I don't make this very often. Tomorrow will be a challenge as when I make Mah Ki Daal - I always overeat! I am sure there are a million carbs in this.... I have a girlfriend who swears that increasing carbs works for her!

Any ways, back to the old grind....see you all on Monday!