View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-06, 18:46

Plan: Paleo Diet
Stats: 160/149/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Probiotic,

Thanks so much for all the links! I was shocked to see that the copyright date on the Lutz article is 1986, and he says:

Quote:
Certainly there are more than 50,080 cases of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis alone in the German-speaking countries. Why are they not put on a low-carbohydrate diet? Why does not this method become established? I can only say that I have tried everything. Between 1965 and 1981 I published five scientific papers in respectable medical journals, I have written over 40 letters to editors of scientific journals, I contacted the societies for patients of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis and have not even received a reply.

I do not believe that, of all the letters the postal service handles, it has lost exactly these. There Is no limit to the arrogance of orthodox medicine toward all outsider methods, toward acupuncture, neural therapy, chiropractic, homeopathy.

He's been banging this drum since 1965 and nobody's listening?? That's really sad, isn't it?

I have not heard of SCD until now. I'll have to spend some time in those links as well. I've been reading The Eades' Protein Power Lifeplan and I may be able to make use of some of their ideas also.

Thanks again!