View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 23:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/247/200
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hey Malcolm,

Thanks again for the reply. I think I am getting the gist of things :-) Basically, as you said before, sticking with the AMOUNT of carbs...over concerns for digestive rate, GI, ETC., is probably the most effective way to go (as well as the simplest...when I was on the Zone Diet years ago, every meal was like a science lab project :-)

I also noticed, when I was first starting LC, what you have been saying about the inconsistencies in the insulin response measurements. I supplemented my Atkins research with that of the “Sugar Busters” diet (stupid name, good research) and came to many of the same conclusions. Their plan was, basically, not to mix fat and carbs...but that combination always left me starving after about an hour. Dr. Atkins always emphasized that fat and protein was necessary to satisfy the biochemical “hunger” receptors.

As a result I DO actually have a glucose meter, however packed it up as I entered my later phases of the LC diet. I guess, since I am having to revamp everything again, I need to break it out. Always leave it to life to keep things interesting :-)

Thanks, too, for the confirmation on my baking carbs theory. I would have been disappointed in myself to have made a fundamental mistake, and spent all this “experimental baking” time for nothing.

Anyway, I appreciate the info and the links. Best of continued luck!

W