View Single Post
  #1692   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 19:43

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.4/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 65%

Hi y'all, greetings from sunny Hawaii. Boy oh boy, the locals sure do eat a lot of carbage, major carbage. It's everywhere. Lots of fried stuff with breading. Lots and lots of sugar. Ay Yai Yai. It's very difficult to eat out around here, so we aren't dong that so much. You can find great fish and veggies, but not so much beef. Spam is very very popular, but who wants to eat that? It became a Hawaiian staple back during World War 2, apparently. Meat in a can that keeps forever. Fry it up in butter! It's on all the breakfast menus....eggs and Spam! You can find ball caps with "Spam" on them, and other popular goodies with the Spam logo. And in the stores there are multiple varieties of Spam that you would not believe. Spam with pineapple, for example. I'll have to take a photo of it all. Dozens of cans of Spam lined up on the grocery shelves as far as the eye can see. And big CASES of Spam at the local Costco. But it's not for me...it's carb laden and besides that, I don't like it. I actually remember my mom cooking Spam when I was a kid, and I didn't like it then, either. I'm sticking to my bacon and eggs breakfast, although the bacon is expensive.