View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 10:37

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy

Well... it's been a little while of trying out this IFing with Keto WOE. Lots of challenges have come my way ...still figuring myself out. Haven't always been successful with the daily battles, but I think the overall war is on the positive. Some things I've learned about myself during this time:
- as much as I agree with fasting clean, I've learned that if I don't have my suppliments first thing in the morning, I am a wreck for the rest of the day. I take Omega-3 & CoQ10 cap, potassium citrate, manesium citrate, and Vit D along with a blood pressure tblt. I'm not sure if it's the CoQq10 or the Vit D or what, but I've noticed that I can hardly function during the morning without them, so then I have now resigned myself to taking them with my morning 'breakfast' of black coffee.
- I've tried doing a couple of continuous days of fat-fasting ...having my fatty cheese as a snack/meal before going to bed so that I can sleep feeling satiated. Discovered that, from all the water I drank during the day (& peed out), I had horrible leg & thigh cramps during the night. Soooo painful!! Went online & discovered that some IFers giving themselves a hot mug of salted water to help reduce how much electrolites they were losing from peeing so often (when you dring water, you pee more than just the water). I tried that ...worked nicely. I put 1/4 tsp of himalayan salt into my large mug of hot water ...could almost pass as a broth.
-I've just entered the phase where I try to IF on a 20/4 hr ratio. I find I'm able to do it relatively easily if I take my supplements in the morning & do a hot mug of hot salt water mid afternoon.
-eating low carb is still a challenge for me when eating out (not so much at a restaurant, but rather, when DH & I are being hosted by friends for a meal. I'll aim at as many LC options as possible ...but oh!! ...those baked beans or spiced roasted potatoes or sushi!!
- with all my failures, I've still managed to be able to lose 1 1/2 lbs over the last month. Not coming down very quickly, but at least I'm going in the right direction.