View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-09, 14:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232.8/216.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:45.5%/42.3%/22.5%
Progress: 14%

To HIPPYGIRL: Losing my mother was very very hard, but had I been on the plan for a longer time and had I been more comfortable in it, I MAY not have strayed. I don't know. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered at all: I was thinking at the time that low-carbing meant eating bacon, cream cheese, and a lot of eggs all the time and it was getting VERY VERY boring as you can imagine!!! I was also hearing how BAD LCing was for peoples' health, so that made things worse. But you know what? We're BACK on track

My husband always says that I have not failed as long as I will stand up, brush myself off, and begin again. He said that one of the hardest things for anyone to do is diet and many people start and stop several times until something just "clicks." So, that's encouraging. I keep 4 words in my vocabulary for every day: "Start Where You Are." That's the only place to start---not looking back and feeling like a failure, but moving forward. It's hard to take care of yourself on a good diet when you are angry and disappointed in yourself. You don't feel much like taking care of someone you don't like.

To KATHLEEN24: I hope the speed of my loss keeps going for another 5 to 7 months. That would be great! I never heard that the weight could come off relatively quickly for that long. Have you read this or is this something I will find out about as I read the stories here on this forum? I would be happy to ride that horse hard through a window!!