Old Thu, Jun-12-14, 03:00
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbahn
Oh, absolutely not! I didn't take anything you said as any kind of negative comment. As you applaud me, let me assure you that I wholeheartedly applaud you and your success and wish you the absolute best in your efforts to maintain for life. It won't be easy for either of us, but it is something that both of us simply have to do.

I agree, the success rate according to statistics for losing the weight by any method (WLS, LC, WW etc) AND keeping it off for LIFE are not in our favor. But gosh darn it -- we are BOTH going to prove "them" wrong!!

Quote:
I pointed out that we had ALL put skin in the game by having the surgery in the first place. Unlike a diet that you can try for a while and decide if you thought it was going to work, this was a one-way trip. We let some doctor make sushi out of our insides and there was no going back if it didn't work (technically some of the procedures are reversible, but it is only a tiny, tiny fraction that are ever reversed).

Wow I never thought of it that way... that WLS was a one-way trip... actually I think all of you that have elected to go that route are so brave, it's scary to think about going under the knife... one does tend to hear the horror stories... And I hear that out of pocket expenses can be pretty high if not covered by insurance.