#11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-01, 11:59
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Red face thanks

Gee, you folks are terrific ... just the right mix of hug, rah-rah, and boot-in-the-ass that I need. *LOL*

I guess I'm just frustrated over the fact that I'd worked really hard to lose 30 of the 60 lbs I needed to lose, only to gain back 15 in the space of 10 weeks. I kept the treats to a minimum over Christmas ... basically was lowcarbing all along ... but 6 weeks of a new med. (which I've stopped) plus less exercise (I really miss my long hikes.... the trails are just too icy and treacherous right now) and it was like a reverse-whoosh..... I found myself staring at my bloated face in the mirror, my jeans getting tight and uncomfortable - blah, blah ... whine, whimper.....

So, I know well enough that 4 lbs is great, better off than not...... but I've still got my headspace stuck on the fact that I am 11 lbs heavier than I was mid-December...... and I did not cheat or go on a wild carb orgy. That's what bothers me...... and makes me think that I may have to live the rest of my life at Induction level ... and Yes, I know exercise is a key to boosting my metabolism... and I'm trying to develop a program within the bounds of my disability and other health problems... whine, whimper ...

On a brighter note ... the 4 lbs are still off ,,,, my body did not go into rebellion from the wine the other night, as I thought it would. But I won't indulge too often .... wow, 2 glasses and the room was spinning.

happy lowcarbing everybody,
Doreen