View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 17:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182.6/162/133 Female 61 inches
BF:What fat??
Progress: 42%

Hi Kirria. Congrats on Hannah's arrival. Bet you are run off your feet at the moment. I'll attempt to answer some of your questions (bearing in mind everyone has different ideas).

Q1. Atkins prefer you stay off the caffeine during Induction. I never did but limited myself to 2 cups Nescafe/day.

Q2. Would be best to stay right away from low carb cereals. You don't just have to stick to eggs. There is so much else you could try. ie steak, bacon, chicken, etc. Have a look at the breakfast ideas on this site. One of my personal favourites is Atkins Crustless Quiche.

Q3. The ketostick thing is a hot topic. I personally only use it once a day to check if I'm still in ketosis. If you are following the diet right down the line tho, you don't need them.

Q.4 Atkins keeps you to 20g carbs/day during Induction. After that you can gradually add items to your food.

The best piece of advice I can offer you is to open a FitDay journal. You can keep track of everything you're eating and see the calorie/fat/protein you have consumed. It makes life a whole lot simpler. Go to www.fitday.com and follow the bouncing balls.

Have fun. Don't be afraid to post questions if you are not sure about something. There are some terrific people here (even if they are "Blues" supporters) who will gladly try to help.
Cheers
Pam