#2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-26-15, 19:13
Registered Member

Plan: Nutritional Ketosis
Stats: 255/239.5/160 Female 61
BF:
Progress:
Default Horray for fermented yogurt

Snoopy, bless your heart, am thrilled to set his info! It was making NO SENSE that if LCHF is great, how can we cut out a major food group like dairy, or use it so sparingly. Don't the French live on cheese, eh?
++++++
Yes, I saw the 'insulinogenic' quotes, but all the fears touted didn't make sense to scare everyone off.

I have been asking like crazy about dairy to Naturpathics, and dietitians..and even my Urologist has ZERO knowledge that dairy fats are not dangerous.

Some/too much dairy is not right for all..many are lactose intolerant, but with real full fat quality dairy it should be a component of LC for us keto'ers.

www.kidneycoach.com offers lots of nutritional advice for people with kidney faiure and problems..and when I pressed them I get the SAME DUMB argument against dairy that had NOTHING to do with kidneys. here is what they say:
To get you started, yes we definitely recommend avoiding saturated fats for the best kidney health, of which dairy is included. Healthy fats, high in omega 3 are fine, such as fish and eggs, but dairy …. are to be avoided.

I can see not going overboard and having cups of yogurt a day…but eliminating dairy is a harsh price, and for MANY I am betting the is no reason to.

TODAY-4-26 I received part 7 of the Kidneycoach 10 lesson free class info….and here is MORE anti Saturated Fats bull.======
Protein: Vegetarian sources of protein are the best choices for kidney patients, followed by fish and chicken. Vegetarian sources include tofu and tempeh. Soy foods in particular can help to slow down progression of kidney damage. Red meats are the worst, and are not only hard to digest but they are high in saturated fat, which is well known to contribute to heart disease.

sigh….endless misleading propaganda by people who should know what they are talking about. I DO get cranky when the 'experts' get it wrong!

thanks agin for finding this recent article!