#95   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-10, 10:04
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Quote:
ZC taught me what true hunger really is... if I feel like eating meat I am truly hungry. If meat is not appealing, I am simply craving.

I just had a sort of epiphany when I realized this is totally 100% true for me.

There are times when I like the taste of something so, could eat it if I felt like it, but really don't care, and that always means I'm "well fed" (and usually that having a LITTLE of it won't bother me). In that mode I could stand next to pasta, pizza, ice cream, etc. and not really care whether or not I had any except that sure, it tastes nice.

But there would be 'drive' toward it like oh-my-gosh-I-want-it. If I have any true-desire to eat the food (that isn't meat) it means I'm noshing for something driven by something that isn't hunger.

And if I am genuinely hungry, I want meat. Nothing but meat/eggs. When I really ask my body lately, "What do you want?" it says "Meat." I go through all these rationalizations about why this and that and a bunch of cheese and this sauce and a fake LC pizza and more would be great and the body says, "Just meat. Lots of it." She is pretty boring, as diet goes.

I actually said most of this recently but it didn't succinctly sum up in my brain with the "if you're hungry it will be for meat, and if you're hungry for anything else it isn't REAL hunger" encapsulated-concept.

That is great. Thanks for that.

I have a 13 year old who desperately loves veggies and salads and really needs some creative cooking in her life so now that VLC (+ supplements) doesn't make me feel like crap anymore for some reason, I'm going to see if I can just do meat/eggs during the week (fine with me!) and then salads and flaxishes and stuff like that on the weekends with her, when we have more time and she can experiment and cook with me.
PJ