#28   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 03:57

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Day 1 - June 6 - No hearts
Day 2 - June 7 - No hearts

Breaking a habit that is simply wasting time. So far so good.

On the topic of meditation, I do have a daily meditation practice, twice daily actually but I am a practicing Buddhist and now taking an online course that certainly reinforces my motivation to sit. Buddhist meditation includes mindfulness but is not primarily about stress relief although ultimately that would certainly be one of its benefits. It's taken me many years to develop a stable habit of sitting. I allow myself leeway in terms of how long I sit so that it doesn't start to feel like some kind of punishment but rather a beneficial practice. Last night I came home from my granddaughter's 8th grade graduation, took the dog for a short walk and then was very tired and wanted to go to bed. I considered not sitting but instead I only sat for 10 minutes, finding that middle way between being too loose about meditating and too rigid. Today I hope to add small periods of mini meditation whenever the urge to just play a few game of Hearts kicks in, a kind of breathing in place to calm the mind.

Jean