View Single Post
  #2002   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 07:33

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone from your little beaten-up pal,

Will get to personals in a bit but man oh man was there a s-show around the house last night. DS16 is really quite determined to have us stretch our parental wings before he goes out to the next stage of life. Not going into the deets but long story short, we are doing our first-ever-in-23-years of parenting full scale, all out grounding. All electronics of all kinds are completely gone until the end of the school year and then we will reevaluate. No sleepovers, parties, hang outs of any kind. We stopped short of taking his door off the hinges. lol We aren't parents who have to take the punitive route hardly ever, more of a talking family and honestly, just going on expectations that they will do / not do what we have asked of them, so this is new for everyone. But, when push comes to shove, we will do what we need to do to draw a tight boundary line and help reorient this little wayward sheep.

Blue- you are doing awesome! 4 days on plan and making excellent choices with just a tad of leeway to allow yourself not to feel strangled. Well done!

Jaz- Glad Trig clarified what you were eating bc I was stumped. lol
Newsies was a show at the dinner theater. The next one up is Mamma Mia and we are hoping to get a giant group going the night before the rehearsal dinner for the wedding. We have subscription tickets to the dinner theater.

Trig- you sweet thing with the bird in your garage. You really are a gem with a soft heart. Sorry you had the rain. We FINALLY got a break yesterday and today is nice so far too, then it is back.

Lori- Big hugs to you, so sorry for the stress. I can come and sit beside you on the stress boat if you want some company.

KMom- Thinking of you.

••••••

So as I said, weekend of highs and lows. Actually a really good weekend until the S hit the fan last night. We are all worn down and tired today- walking around like emotional cripples. Thank God for black humor bc I am drowning in it today!

Anyway, this storm will clear, as they do, and God love him, he's a good kid and he will be fine.

Going to go out to the park and take a nice long walk. Currently listening to an audiobook- right now it is The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. I couldn't listen to it while mowing the lawn bc the reader is too quite and measured. I'm going to try today while I walk, but honestly my brain is so busy and freaked out right now that I am pretty sure I will be defaulting to music. I think I won't be able to concentrate on a book.

Leftovers for tonight.