Old Wed, Jun-13-18, 03:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.3/162/125.6 Female 157cm
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leicester
At last 2lbs down. I was delighted...then I went downstairs and decided to check my fasting blood sugar. I should tell you that I purchased a blood sugar metre some time ago because I was experiencing shakiness if I ate refined carbs and I wanted to check on rebound hypoglycaemia. As it turned out I didn't have any attacks, but I was already starting to cut out the baddies anyway. A N Y W A Y. My fasting blood sugar is 6.1. I am not very pleased with that. It is now even more important that I lose this weight as in U.K. that is a pre diabetic number. No wonder I don't feel hungry in the morning.

Interesting. I get serious faint attacks in the mornings since Atkins. I have to move slowly in the mornings rather than my usual speedy self. I sometimes need to sit down before leaving the house. I have put it down to dehydration and too much warmth despite it being winter. (And there's no heater in the mornings). I've never had this before. I don't eat breakfast but thats not unusual. The only thing significantly different is that I dont have cows milk in my tea. Instead I have almond milk and most often just green tea. I dont get it. I think its low blood sugar but I cant figure out why. Like you, I dont feel hungry in the morning until I get to work when I have an Almond milk latte and all is good for an hour or so. I noticed the other day that when I had a chicken leg in desperation because it was the only protein thing available, I immediately felt better and I mean with the first bite or so. I just can't face chicken legs at 10 or 11 in the morning.. But its a lesson for me. Maybe a helpful comment for you.