#9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-15, 20:14

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyMC
Gypsybyrd, Thank you so much for responding to my post. I am so sorry you had to go through that horrific ordeal. That sounds more awful than I have words for right now.

I'm very glad someone at the ER listened to you and you were able to get the 2nd MRI. I'm glad you are recovering and hopefully everyday will bring you closer to full healing.

Do they have any idea how the disc fragmented?

Thank you for your kind words. I've kept a very upbeat attitude through it all. And I've stuck to LCHF - which has helped with the healing.

No. I do not know how the herniated disc fractured. I'm not even sure how the herniation occurred. The surgeon described it as a jelly sandwich: the disc is the jelly squeezed out from between the vertebra (the bread). As it squeezes out, the jelly breaks off into pieces. I was very active walking, exercising, square dancing, etc. Over the summer I fell a couple of times. Two years ago I slipped down some steps. The fractures could have happened then. No telling.

Hmmm ... someone at the ER only listened to me because I physically could not get off the gurney to go home! Up to that point, they treated me like I was drug seeking.

Make sure you keep after your doctors for test results, etc. Don't let them shuffle you to the background.