Old Mon, May-10-04, 18:50
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flug
Josiekat how often do you eat?? Are you stalling right now?? Is this why you think your metabolism isn't back to normal?

Absolutely flug! I am stuck...and when I'm not stuck....I'm losing at a snail's pace....when I smoked and followed plan, the weight fell right off. Since I have quit, I can feel a difference in my body.....but the main issue is the weight loss or lack thereof. I had read somewhere when I quit that it can take upwards of a year and sometimes more for your metabolism to "heal" itself and get back to where it was when one was a smoker....just seems to me that it is taking an awfully long time! Thanks for the tips on green tea and eating every two hours.....I am willing to do/try anything. I'm just about at the end of my rope!

kpow.....congrats on the 7.5 months! I confess that I have thought more and more about starting again to try and boost my metabolism....however, I know I won't because I refuse to hand over so much of my hard earned cash over to the government who have taxed cigs to the hilt! Do you know if it's true that resistance/weight training is better for increasing metabolism than general cardio exercise? Seems to me someone mentioned that to me somewhere in passing.

Thanks for your input.....I have really been struggling......and am thankful for your thoughts and ideas