Old Sun, Jun-17-07, 09:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/184/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowagirl
When I made it I had a thick, round 'muffin' that I cut in half to form a large bun.

Made this again but this time I left out the splenda and vanilla and used garlic and parmesan, instead. Yum!

Btw, Atkinsjunki - this is very similiar to the bowl muffin recipe on this site.

Hi Iowagirl... thanks for the feedback on the muffin... and yeah if you look at my original post you will see I link the recipes that I used to come to this one... the bowl muffin is great, but I don't have any SF syrups at all, and things like carbquick and almond flour are obviously for people in higher levels of OWL, which I am not... I added the egg and the cream cheese because of the mock danish recipe...

If your looking for a "bread" for toast... I would highly reccommend this one Flax Bread
I made it and when I first tasted it I thought.. hmm.. not bad.. but then I put the rest in a ziploc baggie and the next day it was alot better, toasting it would make it even better...

When you made the garlic and parmesan version did you keep in the cream cheese?

It sounds delicious... and I am def going to try it... I also made a version where I added a tbsp of Sour cream to the mixture... very yummy and made the muffin taste alot more savory... the Sour cream with your garlic and parmesan sounds very good...

Yummy!