#3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-17, 09:37

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Informative article, and a couple quotes stand out:

Quote:
Vitamin A is found mainly in offal and dairy products. In Sweden, milk is enriched with vitamin A. There appears to be no vitamin A deficiency in Sweden in people who eat a standard variety of food, but vegetarians perhaps need to be aware of the problem.

Too much vitamin A is harmful and can lead to osteoporosis. However, there is no risk of excessive intake through food -- the risk lies in taking dietary supplements. Defects associated with vitamin A deficiency are, among other things, impaired night vision and reduced elasticity in the skin and mucous membranes.

So during my recent foray into getting the benefits from wholesome dairy through kefir, I've learned that kefir has many benefits and is a great source of vitamin A, B12, K2, not to mention the probiotic benefits. From this article my take away is that if you use wholesome milk from A2/A2 grass-fed cows with no hormones added, it's a very natural way to increase vitamin A without needing supplements and running into danger due to over-supplementation. It's a good way to get the benefits that come with healthy dairy consumption.