#19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-14, 13:09

Plan: VLC
Stats: 265.4/238.8/199 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Same here. When I go to the doctor's office or the dentist, my BP is higher than normal and if they take it again, it is usually higher still. My current doctor understands this phenomenon and said she has seen it in a number of patients. She has me do my own BP 2 times a day for a week and send the results in to her prior to my appointment. She says BP is about what it is most of the time -- not about what it is when you are sitting tall on a doctor's office table.

To this doctor's credit, she did say that she didn't want to treat the high blood pressure based on one visit. She gave me a card and asked me to record my readings for a while.

Quote:
I love this doctor. She is 10x better than any other that I have had in the past 30 years. I would not say that she is "Pro LC" -- but she is seeing the results and likes what she is seeing. She opted to let me manage my Diabetes with diet rather than put me on meds. She seems to 'get it'. Who knows, I might turn her into a LCHF advocate yet. I just have to finish the job and maintain it.

Hmmm... Maybe I can win a convert if I stay with this one. There were some good things about her. No waiting before the appointment. She spent a lot of time with me, and I didn't feel rushed.

I didn't like that she really pushed the mammogram and the colonoscopy. I've never had either and never intend to. I told her that one reason I didn't like the mammogram is that I believe it catches cancers that might go away on their own. She said that cancer never goes away on its own. That made me not trust her. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3320224/

Then she said there was a kind of breast cancer you would never be able to feel in a breast exam. Ductal?

She just pushed the mammography thing too much for my taste.