Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 08:18

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 143/131/121
BF:
Progress: 55%
Thumbs up

Brilliant idea!

My favourites:
1) Safeway (mainly because it's my local)
Safeway Matured Cheddar and Onion Sausages
price - £1.99
carbs - 1.1 per sausage
very tasty

Rotisserie plain whole roasted chicken (£2.99), garlic whole roasted chicken (£3.49)

Mixed (green & black) pitted olives with herbs from Deli section for £0.98 per 100g - goes well for snack - really tasty!

Cornish clotted cream
around £1.50
low-carb, but watch out for calories, great with strawberries

Sugar-free jelly (so-called Jell-O) by Safeway and other brands up to £0.74 per 2-sachets (3 servings each if you are that good)

SoBe Lean Metabolic Enchancer drink, £1.54. Very tasty, contains chromium as well as sweeteners.

Ready to eat shelled Mussels 200g pack - great in salads. but contain about 2g carb per 100 g.

2) Marks & Spencer
Sandwich fillers: Prawn and Mayonnaise (0.7g carb per 100g) - very delicious, Egg & Bacon (1.5 g carb), Poached Salmon & Cucumber (2.6g carb)

Pastrami - very tasty, 0carbs £2.99

Fresh Brazil Nuts and other nuts

Cream Cheese with garlic and herb - gets me into nirvana - really really nice, low carb, prefer not to think about the price mainly because of the amounts consumed) Great with Celery sticks.

Crispy Bacon (Smoked or Unsmoked) - 0 carbs, very crunchy, nice with the same old Cream Cheese (as above)

Great and not so cheap veggies - as everybody knows.

3) Especially for those nuts lovers I found GREAT place for nuts in London, called Nuts about Nuts, 1 min walk from Edgware Rd tube station on the Bell Street, NW1. They have great selection of nuts in different flavour, but beware! just don't look to your right - mouth-watering display of different Turkish delights (Turkish shop after all).

4) and last but not the least Waitrose, definitely the winner for me on the LC varieties. But far from being my local. They have again nuts, great sugar-free Italian soft cheeses, and mayonnaise with 0carbs! meat, great deli section etc But not so cheap.

Oh... I forgot Heinz Weight-watchers Warbutons Brown sliced bread at Tesco at only 4.5g carb per a very thin slice.