View Single Post
  #163   ^
Old Thu, Oct-19-17, 07:51
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

My first year of maintenance was anything but sticking to my lowest weight. I put on 20 pound over my low last year. That sounds terrible and it certainly wasn't the plan. But what I find interesting is where the extra pounds went to. It wasn't all bad.

My butt filled back in. It was like a deflated balloon last year with 3 or 4 wrinkles of skin sagging below where my butt used to be. Now I have padding to sit on again and only one crease under by butt cheeks.

The deep cavities that formed in my arm pits during weight loss filled back in. I remember thinking that I'm glad I'm not a women with the need to shave that area. It would have been like shaving the inside of a halved tennis ball. That is not an issue anymore.

I can't know for sure, but I feel as though some of the weight returned to my muscles. After 30 months of weight loss I was feeling pretty wimpy. I don't feel that way anymore. I feel stronger and I think that it is from adding back a little bit of muscle everywhere.

Some weight (fat) has come back to my love handles. That has been a problem area for me my whole life. It was the last fat to go when losing. So of all the changes, I'm not too happy about that one and I'm working on getting back to where I was a year ago.

But one thing that hasn't changed much is my waist size. At my current weight I didn't fit the pants that I'm wearing today when I was first losing the weight. I had to get under 200 pounds before I fit my goal jeans. I will admit that they are a little tighter now than they were a year ago, but as I said, I could not wear them when I first reached 210 pounds 18 months ago. I have stuck to low carb/high fat food throughout my first attempt at maintenance. I was eating the right foods; just eating too much to remain weight stable. So I don't think that any weight I put on was visceral fat. That is probably the reason why my pants still fit.