View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-16, 08:57
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

No, I don't trust the medical profession. I've had many problems with them over the years, and as a nurse also saw how little they know, and in some, how little they care. I've also seen arrogance and 'tradition' (we've always done it this way) get in the way of patient care on many occasions.

My most recent experience was with a cardiologist, who though eventually showed some humanity and skills, initially disregarded the symptoms I was describing and attributed some symptoms to 'obesity related problems'. That was until he did the echocardiogram and ecg. He was more competent than the other doctors I've seen, but that's not a very high bar. However, if a diagnosis had relied on listening to his patient, he would have failed miserably.

I'd been trying to get a GP to listen about my symptoms and do something for over a year now. I was eventually listened to, but by a nurse who was triaging due to a shortage of doctors, and arranged a blood test that confirmed heart failure. The echo then confirmed something more serious as well. But none of this would have been discovered if it had been solely down to the GP's to listen.