Thread: $1000 diet
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-07, 08:03

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

I , too, have Hashimoto's. My endocrinologist was very happy to see that I had lost weight on my last visit to him. South Beach is not a low carb diet. It is a good carb diet. You can get all of the carbs you need from vegetable sources. You really don't need to go to the grains. I find that when I eat grains it causes cravings and stops my weight loss. Now, I don't know about the 30 carbs thing because on SBD we really don't count carbs. But IMHO it is important to watch to see which carbs (Even good ones) cause cravings and avoid them. Everyone will be different when it comes to figuring out which carbs to add back in. Some folks are very sensitive to certain carbs and will want to wait before adding them in. One little hint for you. Most dieticians will give you the food pyramid to go by. Just forget about it. Part of the reason that the food pyramid is so heavy with grains is because if the government advocated eating fewer grain carbs it would anger an awful lot of farmers. And farmers vote! Just do what works for you. No one knows your body like you do. Wishing you success.