View Single Post
  #106   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-12, 17:41

Plan: PP
Stats: 171/143/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Yeah, this is the thread I belong in!

I wish I had started cutting back on the bad carbs sooner. It has been about a year and a half, 20ish pound down. Feeling greater than ever.

My take is that some people really need the structure of a "plan" like Atkins. And that's great for them. But others, like me, get wigged out by that kind of thing. It is just a mindset thin, in my opinion.

But for the most part, my WOE is way lower than SAD. Also, I try to stick to a six hour eating window. ("Intermittent fasting"). What is great is that I never really have to obsess about what I eat. My holiday meal today was at a family event. I had two hot dogs and one bun, with some kind of bean salad. Nobody would have ever noticed that I was doing anything unusual. But I got my 4th of July fix, without any disruption or special requests. And it was good and we all had fun.

I am not knocking Atkins. I am just saying that it's one of those plans that turns off some people at the start. Or even before the start. Cutting out the bad carbs is the way to go. If you think that charting your own course is the way to go, then do it. In the end it's up to you. Just do it!
Sponsored Links